(“Zytronic” or the “Company”)
Interim Results for the six months ended 31 March 2008
Zytronic plc, a leading specialist manufacturer of touch sensors and optical filters for electronic displays, announces its interim results for the six months ended 31 March 2008.
• Group turnover of £6.99m increased by 17% (2007 restated: £5.96m);
• Group operating profit increased 50% to £736,000 (2007 restated: £490,000);
• Profit before tax of £666,000 increased by 45% (2007 restated: £458,000);
• Basic EPS of 3.3p increased by 27% (2007 restated: 2.6p);
• Proposed interim dividend maintained of 1.00p per share.
• Mark Cambridge promoted to Chief Executive in January 2008;
• New capacity for ZYPOS® production fully operational in January 2008;
• Encouraging growth in sales of recently introduced ZYPOS® touch sensors;
• Leading global supplier of display systems signed as distributor for ZYPOS® into gaming industry.
On outlook, Chairman, John Kennair said:
“The introduction of ZYPOS® has played a significant part in the growth of 44% of new touchscreen business written in the first half. The successful commissioning of the new manufacturing facilities will have a significant impact on manufacturing costs over the coming years. These, combined with the return to more normal trading levels within the ATM market and the low level of reliance on the UK market with over 70% of sales exported, give us continuing confidence in future growth in sales and profitability.”
Zytronic plc 0191 414 5511
Mark Cambridge, Chief Executive
Denis Mullan, Finance Director
Buchanan Communications Ltd 020 7466 5000
Richard Darby, Isabel Podda
Brewin Dolphin Securities Ltd
Alan Stewart, Corporate Finance 0845 213 4213 Interim Results / 2
Click the PDF download below to view the full results