KEY BENEFITS OF OUR TOUCHSCREEN TECHNOLOGY
Many industrial applications demand the most durable touch technology, with sensors often being exposed to aggressive chemicals, extreme weather conditions and regular heavy impacts. Zytronic’s PCT™ and MPCT™ projected capacitive touch sensors have been tested and proven to rise to the challenge.
Our touch sensors developed for industrial and medical applications deliver a wide range of features to system designers in this field, including:
- Performance levels are unaffected by water, oil, dirt, or deep scratches on the touchscreen surface.
- Will detect fingers or a conductive stylus, and even a gloved hand through glass thickness of 20mm or more, helping hardware developers design intrinsically safe control panels that meet ATEX and HAZLOC standards for use on oil rigs, mines, and other potentially explosive environments.
- Offer the ability for HMI system designers to create sealed units that comply with NEMA 4, 12 and IP65 standards or higher, for dusty or very wet applications.
- Can be manufactured from thermally toughened and laminated glass of different types e.g., Corning® Gorilla® glass, helping to prevent damage caused by heavy use, impacts, and provides excellent vandal and scratch resistance.
- Are available with antimicrobial glass and coatings, and in fully flat designs that are easy to disinfect, helping combat the spread of diseases and infection.
- Will operate through a protective polycarbonate or plastic front panel, aiding compliance with strict regulations regarding the use of glass in the food processing industry (control panels).
- A near limitless range of other customisation options are available including privacy filters to restrict viewing angles for security-sensitive applications, multicolour screen printing to add borders and logos to your design, and IR blocking filters to help system thermal management.
- Are available in custom designs with no minimum order quantity (MOQ) and usually no/low upfront engineering charges (NRE).